Accreditations and Affiliations
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
University of Northwestern is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
This means credits earned at Northwestern are recognized by other colleges and universities. You may read the 2009 institutional self-study report that was part of our most recent reaccreditation process.
Northwestern students are eligible for all federally-funded financial aid programs and other aid programs.
University of Northwestern is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Other accreditations and affiliations
- Incorporated under the laws of the state of Minnesota as a College of the Bible, Arts and Sciences, and Professional Education.
- Approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching to offer programs leading to teacher licensure.
- A member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) and the Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (MACTE).
- Approved by the State of Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs for the training of veterans as well as survivors and dependents of veterans.
- An accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- A member of the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference (UMAC), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA–DIII) and the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).
- A member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
- A member of the Council of Independent Colleges.
- A member of the North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals and endorses the NACCAP principles of good practice.
- A member of the American Council on Education, Association of Governing Boards, Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities.
- A charter member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
- A charter member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Member of the National Association of Evangelicals.