Honor Society: Lambda Pi Eta - Xi Xi Chapter
Xi Xi, the University of Northwestern (UNW) chapter of the national honor society for communication, Lambda Pi Eta (LPH), recognizes students with outstanding scholarly achievements in communication studies.
LPH has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. It represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
LPH is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS) whose mission is to build a visibly cohesive community of national and international honor societies, individually and collaboratively exhibiting excellence in scholarship, service, programs, and governance.