- Any student who is currently enrolled in high school is eligible to enter.
- Films must fit in one of the following categories: drama, comedy, documentary, music video, animation
- Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for festival presentation.
- All videos* must have a running time of two to four minutes, including credits.
* Animation films must have a running time of at least one minute
The following materials are required for submission:
- Completed entry form with signatures of all entrants
- Link to your film (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.) and two (2) production stills sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The submission deadline is Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Winners will be announced September 10, 2020 at an on-campus reception.
Students may only submit one film per year.
Films entered in the Emerging Filmmakers contest must not contain content that contradicts the theme of the Five16 Film Festival (Matthew 5:16). Films may not contain any copyrighted music or other media without obtaining proper permissions for use and distribution. By submitting a film, a student takes responsibility for all content contained within.
EMERGING FILMMAKER AWARDS
- There will be three prizes awarded (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place).
- Winners will be recognized on all Five16 Film Festival social media sites and at an on-campus reception.
Complete your Emerging Filmmakers Contest Entry Form here: 2020 Emerging Filmmakers Contest Entry Form