Students complete a certificate or degree by taking one course at a time online. Depending on the number of credits transferred into the program, the certificates take approximately 8-12 months to complete; the MAML, MOL, and MATS degrees take 18–22 months to complete; the MBA degree takes 22–26 months to complete; and the M.Div. degree takes 42–46 months to complete.
Graduate Core Competencies
The following core competencies should be reflected in all graduate-level coursework at Northwestern. Graduate students will:
- Develop and demonstrate advanced skills in critical thinking and in written and verbal communication.
- Develop advanced skills in evaluating material and effectively presenting their research in a variety of media.
- Analyze key issues in their field of study through analysis and synthesis of significant field-specific research.
- Explore their field of study through a biblical worldview.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity for building relationships and for communicating the Gospel in context.