Nazareth Hall, N4141
3003 Snelling Ave. N
St Paul, MN 55113
Prior to teaching at Northwestern, Dr. Lemke served on ministry staff at a multi-ethnic church in Pittsburgh and as a missionary to Japan with The Christian and Missionary Alliance. Since 2011, he has served in higher education at Ball State University, Crown College, and University of Northwestern – St. Paul. His vision is to resource global leaders to make a local impact for the sake of God’s kingdom.
Dr. Lemke is married to Heidi, who happens to be a Northwestern alum. He has two daughters, Mia and Selah. His hobbies include reading, watching movies, cooking, gardening and lawn work, travel, playing card games, and hanging out with his wife and girls.
“You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.” (Philippians 2:5)
- Associate Professor of Christian Ministries, University of Northwestern - St. Paul
- Assistant Professor of Ministry Leadership, Crown College
- ESL Instructor, Ball State University
- Missionary to Japan, The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Young Adult Ministries, Allegheny Center Alliance Church
The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Academy of Religious Leadership
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Professors in Christian Education, Board Member
Miller, J. A. & Lemke, D. L. (2022). Hardships, growth, and hope: The experience of black pastoral leaders during a season of social unrest and COVID-19 quarantine. Journal of Religious Leadership, 21(1), 51-82.
Lemke, D. L. & Short, S. (2021). Technology and ministry during a time of pandemic: An annotated bibliography. Christian Education Journal, 18(3), 519-522.
Short, S. & Lemke, D. L. (2021). Technology and ministry during a time of pandemic. Christian Education Journal, 18(3), 441-443.
Lemke, D. L. (2021). Perceptions of career agency and career calling in mid-career: A qualitative investigation. Journal of Career Assessment, 29(2), 239-262.
Lemke, D. L. (2020). Vocation and lifelong spiritual formation: A Christian integrative perspective on calling in mid-career. Christian Education Journal, 17(2), 301-324.
Lemke, D. L. (2020). Perceptions of agency, career calling, and divine calling among US mid-career evangelical Protestant missionaries (Publication No. 27832642) [Doctoral dissertation, Biola University]. ProQuest Dissertations Publishing.
Lemke, D. L. (2017). A philosophy of disciple-centered leadership. Christian Education Journal, 14(2), 270-284.
Lemke, D. L. (2017). Review of More: Find your personal calling and live life to the fullest by Todd Wilson. Christian Education Journal.
Lemke, D. L. (2015). Review of Creating strategic partnerships: A guide for educational institutions and their partners by Pamela L. Eddy and Marilyn J. Amey. Christian Education Journal.
Professional Interests and Contributions
- Theology of Work and Vocation
- Disciple-centered Leadership for Ministry Multiplication
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Ministry
- Self-awareness in Leadership
- Team Dynamics
- NetVUE Professional Development Grant, Co-principal Investigator, University of Northwestern St. Paul
- Kern Family Foundation, Co-principal Investigator, Crown College
- Sheikh Zayed University (Afghanistan)/ Ball State University Cooperative Agreement,, ESL Consultant, Ball State University
- Higher Committee for Education Development in Iraq / Ball State University Cooperative Agreement, ESL Consultant, Ball State University