Nazareth Hall, N3114
3003 Snelling Ave. N
St Paul, MN 55113
Tongyan Pan has a degree or training in every major area of civil engineering and is a licensed professional engineer. After earning his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, in 2006, he spent three years working as a research engineer at the Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University and a year as a research scientist at Virginia Tech.
Dr. Pan has completed more than one hundred peer-reviewed publications and presentations since finishing his Ph.D. in 2006.
- Civil Engineering (Transportation, Geotech, Structures & Materials)
- Engineering Materials
- Curriculum and Program Development of Civil Engineering
- Continuum Mechanics
- Non-linear Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Engineering Management
Research Projects and Grants
Dr. Pan has taken part in research projects in areas of Innovative Structures and Materials grated by NSF, NCHRP, U.S. and State DOTs, and Nonprofit Foundations.
- Faculty Fellowship
- Medium Coverage
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)