Department of Communication
Prepare for a changing media world.
Gain hands-on experience in a variety of disciplines: public relations, journalism, radio, film, theatre, social media, animation, event planning, and more.
Learn to speak powerfully and write convincingly while utilizing the industry's most modern and effective communication technologies.
Combine academic preparation and hands-on experience.
Enjoy the best of both worlds in a diverse program that teaches communication theory as well as technical and hands-on production in every area.
Integrating ministry with life
Because your workplace is your ministry, there are endless places in which you can share God's love and be salt and light. That is why we prepare you for all areas of life.
Faculty with real-world experience
- Learn Public Relations from an APR-certified PR professional whose background includes public and private leadership.
- Learn Radio broadcasting from a major market radio personality.
- Study Journalism from an award-winning journalist with 20 years of experience.
Explore a variety of fun opportunities to channel your communication skills:
- The Remnant – student-run radio station
- The Examiner – student newspaper
- Five16 Film Festival
- Eagle7 – TV news
- Honor Society (Lambda Pi Eta)