Welcome to Spring Semester 2021! As I reflect on where we have been in 2020 and look ahead to this new semester, this quote inspired me:
“The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness,
the human soul is apt to revive also” (Harriet Ann Jacobs,1813-1897).
God, in His mercy, sends spring after winter, which sometimes can be terribly long here in Minnesota. The Spring Semester is here, and the spring season is coming soon. While we are still in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic that has resulted in much loss and seems to drudge on, there is hope ahead. In the meantime, here are a few COVID-19 reminders to help us kick off the Spring Semester Eagle Strong.
Please stay home and delay returning to campus if:
- you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms,
- you are in isolation because you tested positive for COVID-19
- or if you are currently in quarantine because of close contact exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
Inform UNW Health Services of your situation and that you will not be able to return for the start of the Spring Semester by utilizing the COVID-19 Report Exposure/Illness Form on theROCK (COVID-19 Report Exposure/Illness Form). A representative from Health Services will be in contact with you to determine when you can return to campus.
Once you arrive to campus, you can still utilize the above form to connect with Health Services as needed. COVID-19 testing and appointments for other medical needs are available.
Also, please consider getting a flu vaccine to protect yourself, your family and your community. Influenza vaccines are still available as well. Call 651-631-5246 to schedule.
Face Covering Reminders
DO choose face coverings that
- have two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric. For gaiters – wear one with two layers or fold it to make two layers
- completely cover your nose and mouth
- and fit snugly against the sides of your face and don’t have gaps.
AVOID touching the face covering when wearing it. If you are touching your face covering often, this means that it doesn’t fit properly, and you may need to adjust it or find a different face covering.
Make sure to wash reusable face coverings regularly.
Take Care of Yourself
As we start off a new semester, remember to care for YOURSELF!
Reduce your stress:
- Know the common signs of stress.
- Talk with family and friends by phone, text, or email.
- Take breaks from news stories, including social media.
- Practice healthy habits, including exercise.
“Student adherence to public health practices and the campus COVID-19 plan is essential for success.” (American College Health Association)
Thanks for helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our community. May God bless you abundantly and revive your soul this Spring Semester.
Campus Covid Dashboard
Keeping our community informed about the presence of COVID-19 on the Northwestern campus.View Now