Fall Commencement Schedule of Events:
|Date/ Time||Commencement Activity|
|Friday, December 20, 2019|
|1:15-2:30 p.m.||Commencement rehearsal in Knight Performance Hall for all participating graduates|
|3:15 p.m.||Participating graduates assemble in regalia in Nazareth Hall, 2nd floor|
|4-5:30 p.m.||Commencement ceremony in Knight Performance Hall|
|5:30–6:30 p.m.||Commencement reception in Billy Graham Community Life Commons|
Regalia: Caps, Gowns, and Hoods
- Beginning in late September, planned graduates order caps and gowns online.
- Caps and gowns (and hoods for master's degree students) must be ordered by no later than Sunday, October 27.
- Regalia will be distributed in the Nazareth Great Room at Grad Expo on Tuesday, December 10.
- Regalia must be returned to room G210 in the Billy Graham Community Life Commons following the commencement ceremony. Graduates may keep their cap and tassel.
Graduation Announcement Ordering
- Beginning in later October, planned graduates who desire to order graduation announcements may do so online. If ordering, please allow 3 weeks for processing and shipping.
- For viewing of commencement ceremonies in Knight Performance Hall, tickets are required for guests of participating planned graduates.
- The number of tickets provided is based on the total number of planned graduates participating in commencement. Tickets will be distributed to participating planned graduates at Grad Expo on Tuesday, December 10. Each participating graduate will receive 5 (five) tickets.
- Overflow viewing on monitors will be available in the Totino Fine Arts Center lobby (no tickets required for overflow viewing).
Guests and/or Graduates with Special Needs?
- For guests and/or graduates who will be attending commencement who have accommodation needs (e.g., wheelchair/ADA, hearing impaired or interpreter/translation requests, etc.), please complete and submit a request form by no later than Thursday, December 5.
- Each graduate will be photographed as diploma covers are presented and at a posed location at the side of the stage.
- After graduation, graduates will be given the opportunity to purchase pictures directly from Lifetouch.
Adult & Graduate Studies Students: Diplomas will be mailed within 4 – 6 weeks of degree completion.
Traditional Undergraduate and Dual Enrollment Students: Diplomas will be mailed beginning in late January.
Diplomas are sent after graduates have fulfilled all degree requirements and resolved any student account holds. (This includes paying the graduation fee charged to the graduate's account the last term the graduate registers (undergraduate: $75; graduate: $100).
(Note: Diploma lists degree only. Transcript lists degree, major[s], and any minor[s].
A Uploma™ provides another way to display a college degree. This desktop diploma is completely customizable to fit any major, achievements, graduation year, and school pride. You may order your Uploma online.
Adult & Graduate Studies students and Dual Enrollment students: For summer 2019 and fall 2019 planned graduates.
Traditional Undergraduate students: For fall 2019 planned graduates.
Grad Expo will take place in the Nazareth Great Room on Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 2–6 p.m. Grad Expo is an event that provides a "one-stop" opportunity for planned graduates to clear from campus. Students planning to graduate will receive an e-mail invitation prior to the event.
Adult Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Students: 866-492-7877 or 651-628-3400; AGS@unwsp.edu
Dual Enrollment Students: 888-216-0069 or 651-631-5300; DE@unwsp.edu
Traditional Undergraduate Students: 800-692-4020, ext. 5119; or 651-631-5119; Registrar@unwsp.edu