Northwestern partners with Credentials, LLC to offer transcript ordering online.
Current and recent students may request transcripts via theROCK > Student Academics > Registration & Advising/Dual Enrollment/Adult & Graduate Studies > Transcript Request. Ordering through theROCK allows automatic authorization of the order and waives the transcript charge (a small online-order vendor fee is still incurred).
Alumni and former students without access to theROCK can request transcripts using the direct link to TranscriptsPlus®.
- All financial obligations to the institution must be resolved before a transcript can be sent.
- You will need to use a major credit card when placing your order online; full pricing and payment details are listed on the TranscriptsPlus home page.
- Most students will be able to order either a secure electronic transcript or a paper transcript. An electronic transcript is considered official only for the initial recipient. It is your responsibility to ensure you select a delivery method that is accepted by your recipient.
- Standard processing time for an electronic transcript is 1 business day.
- Standard processing time for a mailed paper transcript is 1-2 business days, plus standard mailing time.
- Paper transcript requests are processed Monday-Friday, during business hours.
- Electronic PDF transcripts are processed 24/7 based on Credentials hours of operations.
- For an additional charge, expedited shipping via FedEx® is available.
- If your name has changed since your Northwestern attendance and it is important to you that your current name is reflected on your transcript, it is your responsibility to contact the Registrar's Office to double-check or correct your name in our records prior to placing your transcript order.
Other Transcript Requests
Student transcripts from previously attended institutions that were provided to Northwestern become the property of Northwestern. Northwestern does not provide copies of transcripts from other institutions that are part of a Northwestern student’s education record. In order to obtain accurate, up-to-date information and ensure that no protocol of the issuing institution is circumvented, a student must contact the originating institution for a copy of that institution’s transcript.
Maranatha College (Brooklyn Park, MN) Alumni Only
On June 1, 2010 University of Northwestern – St. Paul accepted responsibility for custody of the academics records of students enrolled at Maranatha College, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, which closed in 2010.
To request a paper transcript of your Maranatha College academic work, please mail your signed request with contact information, recipient information, and a $3.00 check per transcript, payable to University of Northwestern – St. Paul, to:
University of Northwestern – St. Paul
3003 Snelling Ave North
St. Paul, MN 55113
If you need assistance with the online ordering process, please contact Credentials Customer Service at 1-847-716-3005. Representatives are available to assist you Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. (CST). If you are calling about an existing order, please have your 9-character order number ready when you call.
For assistance understanding the contents of your transcript (grades, notations, etc.), please contact the Registrar's Office by calling 800-692-4020, ext. 5119 or 651-631-5119, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may check the status of an existing order online.