The little things matter. We want to make sure your experience exceeds expectations so we are providing the following amenities and resources.
- Chapel seats up to 300 guests
- Dressing Rooms - Dressing rooms are provided for both men and women. All dressing rooms include mirrors, a coat rack, table and seating. The women’s dressing rooms also include an ironing board and lockers for valuables. Please plan to furnish your own iron and quarters for the lockers.
- On-site complimentary parking
- Indoor sound system with wireless microphones
- Steinway Grand Piano and Allen Classic Electric Organ
- Flower Pedestals
- Front and Aisle Candelabras with dripless candles
- Sound Engineer the day of the wedding - A University of Northwestern – St. Paul Wedding Sound Engineer is present on the wedding day 2 hours prior to the ceremony start time. The engineer will set up all required sound equipment, monitor levels during the wedding, and make an audio recording of the ceremony. Our Sound system includes a CD player and iPod/MP3 capabilities.
- Wedding Assistant at rehearsal and wedding - A University of Northwestern – St. Paul Wedding Assistant is present at the rehearsal and on your wedding day to set up the University’s furnishings, assist the wedding party and help make your day run smoothly. Someone from your party will need to coordinate your events of the day. The pastor, or someone from the wedding party, is responsible for conducting the rehearsal.
- Chapel Policies
- Minister - Weddings must be performed by a Minnesota registered minister and the couple must have a Minnesota state marriage license. Civil ceremonies are not permitted.
- Smoke-free, alcohol-free campus - Smoking and drinking alcohol (including communion wine) are not permitted anywhere on the University of Northwestern campus.
- Photography - All photographs must be taken prior to or during the ceremony. You may begin taking photos outside once your dressing rooms are available (four hours before ceremony start time).
- Protection of valuables - Because the campus and buildings are open to the public, University of Northwestern cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Rice, confetti, etc. - Throwing rice, confetti, birdseed, flower petals or similar items is not permitted.