Academic Achievement equips all UNW students to reach their academic goals through well-researched resources and services. With professional staff and highly trained peer tutors and coaches, we develop resilient, lifelong learners who will serve in their workplaces, homes, and communities.
- The Writing Center – Testing facilitation as well as one-on-one writing tutoring for help with paper content, structure, and editing.
- Subject Tutoring – Group study sessions with trained subject tutors for a number of classes.
- Academic Coaching – Skill-building and accountability services using strategies that include academic coaching and mentoring to support long-term success.
- Supplemental Instruction – Weekly study sessions led by a trained student leader embedded in a class.
- Academic Workshops – Interactive workshops offered at the beginning of each semester to offer strategies in reaching academic goals.
- Disability Services – Accommodating students with documented needs associated with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
- Culture, Language, and Transition – Support services for transitioning students from within or outside the US related to language, background, and/or cross-cultural experiences.
The Berntsen Library is a great resource for all students, whether you want to study with a group or want a quiet place to study on your own. Library staff are available to help students with their research questions and information needs. The library provides access to more than 750,000 titles and 100 online collections, including streaming video and audio.
Career and Leadership Development aspires to help students build meaningful careers by giving them the resources to do so. They help students by coaching them, advising them, and connecting them with meaningful opportunities. They are there every step of the way so a student never feels lost.
The global programs at UNW helps students find opportunities to learn, serve, and grow domestically and around the world. They will meet with students to find a program that fits their academic and career goals. Study abroad is a great way for students to get out of their comfort zone and still work towards their degree.
The Honors Program pushes students to go deeper not only in their academic and intellectual strength but also in their faith. Students are able to learn with like minded students and work one-on-one with a professor or mentor. Along with all these benefits accepted students are also eligible for the eagle scholars honors scholarship.