Careers in the Technologies
Opportunities for Computer Science, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and Math graduates are great. Here are some career options.
What can I do with a technology or mathematics degree?
Many paths to choose from
- Computer Science: This path will equip you to function effectively in a variety of cutting- edge computer careers that rely heavily on new algorithms and coding.
- Data Analytics: This path will allow you to organize and analyze data for decision-making related to business operations, medical advances, coaching sports teams, and other situations where large datasets are collected.
- Cybersecurity and Information Systems: This path will allow you to develop and maintain secure systems related to personal computers, servers, and cloud platforms.
- Mathematics: Use the best of applied and theoretical mathematics to solve quantitative problems in business, government and technology, and develop new mathematical tools and ideas.
- Mathematics Education: Prepare for a career teaching math to children in grades 5–12 at public or private schools (full details are given under Department of Education programs).
- Graduate School: Northwestern students will be well-prepared to complete additional graduate studies at top universities—some of which offer free tuition and additional stipends.
Endless job opportunities
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Data Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Web Developer
- Market Research Analyst
- Financial Adviser