Honors Application Process
Are you interested in applying for the Honors Program to become an Eagle Scholar? Learn more about the application process for the Honors Program and see how you can advance your education.
Students New to Northwestern
If you are applying to attend Northwestern as a traditional student, please follow the process below:
- Submit your Application for Admission to Northwestern. This application must be completed early in the fall of your senior year of high school. You must be admitted to Northwestern and be at least 15 years old to be eligible to apply for the Honors Program.
- Send us your scores and transcripts. Make sure that your ACT, SAT, or CLT scores as well as your high school transcripts have been sent to Northwestern. Students may apply to the Honors Program if they have a composite ACT composite score of 27 or higher, an SAT score of 1330 or higher, a CLT score of 88 or higher, OR an unweighted high school GPA of at least 3.75 with evidence of advanced study (college preparatory curriculum, AP coursework, early college/concurrent enrollment/Post-Secondary Enrollment Option, etc.).
- Complete the Honors Program application process. We ask all applicants to write an essay reflecting on a current event and to submit two samples of their scholarly work. You can download instructions for these materials here: Instructions for 2024-2025 Honors Program Application Materials.
- Complete the application questionnaire and upload your Honors Program application materials. The application questionnaire asks for basic contact information as well as a listing of advanced coursework you have taken. Applications will open on October 1. To receive fullest consideration for membership in the Eagle Scholars Honors Program, application materials must be received by the priority deadline of 11:59 p.m CST. on Monday, November 6, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted until 11:59 p.m CST. on Friday, December 1, 2023, for consideration on a space-available basis.
First Year Students
Northwestern also offers a Current Student Opportunity to allow students who are in their first year as a traditional student at Northwestern to apply for admission into the Eagle Scholars Honors Program. (Students who are taking PSEO/Early College courses at Northwestern should apply through the regular application process listed above.)
To be eligible to apply, you must do the following during your first year as a traditional student at Northwestern:
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits in the Northwestern traditional undergraduate program
- Maintain a Northwestern GPA of 3.9 or higher
- Take at least four honors courses from at least three different disciplines
- Attend at least six Honors Seminar events
- Attend Northwestern for at least two more years as a traditional student
The application process for the Current Student Opportunity begins in April of each academic year.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email email@example.com to receive more information and notifications about honors activities.
Questions about the Honors Program? We are here to help.
Adina Kelley, Ph.D.
Director, Eagle Scholars Honors Program