Riley Hall, R1322
3003 Snelling Ave North
St. Paul, MN 55113
Christine comes to University of Northwestern – St. Paul having spent over eleven years working in public accounting at CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) in Minneapolis. While at CLA, Christine worked exclusively in the public sector group, with a special focus on social service and religious organizations.
Managing and providing audit, tax, outsourcing and consulting services, Christine’s role as a director allowed her a wide breadth and depth of experience in the nonprofit world. Her responsibilities at CLA also included serving the public sector group as the primary resource for internal staffing, hiring, training and coaching.
At CLA, Christine was also actively involved in internal teaching and training, and during her final years at CLA, she had the privilege of coordinating the onboarding and training of over 30 new hires.
Christine previously served for nearly a decade as a Junior Achievement volunteer, and for five years as board member and treasurer for ImpactLives. She currently serves on the board of directors of Children's Shelter of Cebu.
Christine has been greatly shaped by numerous mission trips to Ukraine, Brazil, and Haiti. Yet, her greatest ministry passion is seeing God's Word come alive in the lives of children and young adults. She has taught Sunday School for over fourteen years to intermediate grades and currently delights in opportunities to connect with college students as a spiritual level though Bible studies and informal conversations.
Beyond the classroom, Christine finds joy in reading, gardening, quilting, and bottomless cups of tea.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
• Bachelor of Arts, Accounting and Finance – Bethel University
• Certified Public Accountant, Minnesota
• Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
• Institute of Management Accountants, Member
• Christian Business Faculty Association, Member
• Foundations of Accounting and Finance
• Principles of Financial Accounting
• Principles of Managerial Accounting
• Advanced Accounting
• Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting
• International Business
• April 2021, UNW Dual Enrollment Senior Celebration: Faculty Address
• 2014-2016, CLA internal training program: Effective On the Job Training
• May 2014, CLA Nonprofit & Healthcare Conference: Moral Courage
• April 2014, CLA internal training program: Risk Assessment Considerations
• May 2012, CLA Nonprofit & Healthcare Conference: Organizational Ethics and Accountability