Larry Gronewold has been teaching at University of Northwestern for 11 years. Prior to coming to Northwestern, Gronewold taught in public elementary and middle schools both in Iowa and Minnesota. He has over twenty years of experience working in the field of visual arts education.
His professional involvements at University of Northwestern include teaching courses in visual arts education, supervising art methods and student teachers, developing new art courses and providing leadership on student art trips both internationally and nationally.
He believes that the greatest asset of teaching at Northwestern is the ability to freely and intentionally point out the relationship of art learning and Christian world-view thinking.
Gronewold is involved in professional leadership responsibilities with an active role in the Minnesota Art Educators Association, currently serving as their membership chair.
- Visual Arts Education
- Preparation of K-12 Visual Arts Teachers
- M.Ed., University of Minnesota
- B.F.A., University of Northern Iowa
- National Art Educators Association
- Minnesota Art Educators Association- Past Membership Chair
- Minnesota High School League- Visual Arts Judge