With a Ph.D. in Practical Theology, Dr. Peter Kapsner brings his life experience to the classroom as he explores the current issues facing students today. His areas of specialty include New Testament, human sexuality, ethics, church history, engagement with culture, ministry leadership, and spiritual formation.
Kapsner is active in preaching at local churches and is a guest host and weekly contributor on the Faith Radio network.
He has been married to Hallie for over 25 years. They have five children. Kapsner loves golf and travel.
- Interim Co-Lead Staff Pastor, Church of the Open Door
- Consultant to Senior Pastor, Wayzata Free Church
- Associate Pastor of Community Life, Church of the Open Door
- Text reviewer, McGraw Hill Publishing
- American Academy of Religions
Community and Volunteer Participation
- Leadership Advisory Team for Abbey Way (neo-Monastic, Benedictine church plant)
- Baseball camp instructor, Israel
- Minister to children, Harvest Festival, inner-city Chicago, IL
- NCAA YES program, Division III World Series, Battle Creek, MI
- Hospitality House, Minneapolis, MN
- Angel Tree Ministries, Minneapolis, MN
- Faith Radio Mornings Show Host – Faith Radio 900 / KTIS
- NBA.Com, GameOn!, and other Media Outlets
- 2000 American Bible Society for Excellence in Teaching
International Travel Experience
- Ph.D. at University of Edinburgh, Great Britain.
- Italy; 2005
- Baseball camp for Jewish children in Israel; 1998
- Golf tour of Scotland; 1996
- England; 1994
- Study abroad in Jerusalem during J-Term; 1993
- Two-weeks with missionaries and indigenous people in Panama; 1980