Nazareth Hall, N2305
3003 Snelling Ave. N
St Paul, MN 55113
Dr. Sally Harris first came to University of Northwestern in the fall of 1974 when there were 440 students, five divisions, and only a handful of major programs—none of them in the humanities or social sciences. She served as a division chair before UNW moved to having departments, then as a department chair. She helped develop many of the majors in what are now separate UNW departments.
Harris is married to the Rev. Paul H. Harris, Missions and Teaching Pastor at Easter Lutheran Church in Eagan, Minn. They have been married 46 years. She has two children: Kenath K. Harris, in sales at Toyota, Burnsville, and serving as a major in the Army Reserves as a battalion chaplain, and Arwynn S. Harris (UNW '05), Director of Admissions and Marketing at Outback Therapeutic Expeditions in Salt Lake City. She has two grandchildren, Elijah (9) and Zoe (7). Harris is an active member of her congregation, and she and her husband have been deeply involved since 1990 in short-term missions to Tanzania. She spends six weeks each summer there.
- British Literature, especially Medieval and Renaissance/Reformation
- EFL, especially English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- 2013 -- Her book, Reading and Writing About Legal Texts (ISBN 978-9976-60-550-4), is in publication at Dar es Salaam University Press in Tanzania.
- 2013+ -- Managing Editor for the East African Journal of Research, University of Iringa, Iringa, Tanzania.
- 2008 – Fulbright Senior Scholar Award, Lecturing and Research in Tanzania.
- 2008-2012 Board Member, Interest Section Leadership Council of TESOL International.
- Presentation: "Paradigms of Plagiarism," TESOL Annual Convention, New York; April 5, 2008.