Minnesota teacher licensure requirements, which affect the area of health education, require a full health education major for licensure. The courses included in the health education minor will provide fundamental studies but will not fully qualify an individual for teaching licensure in the area of health education.
Some classes in this minor include:
- Concepts of Biology
- Principles of Biology I
- Human Anatomy
- School Health and Drug Problems
- School Health Methods Lab
- Anatomy of Human Movement
- First Aid and Personal Safety
- Personal and Community Health
- Human Nutrition
- Exercise Physiology
- Health and Fitness Evaluation and Diagnosis
I was amazed at the intricacies with which God designed the human body and found it fascinating to learn about. Seeing how important faith was in each of my classes was one of the things I loved most about Northwestern.