The linguistics minor provides an opportunity to attend a summer at SIL, the sister organization of Wycliffe Bible Translators, taking courses in morphology and phonetics.
Some classes in this minor include:
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Linguistics Research Methods
- Contemporary World Literature
- Cultural Anthropology
- Structure of English Grammar
- Introduction to Sociolinguistics
- Language, School and Society
- Theory of Second Language Acquisition
As a Bible translator, I appreciated not only the ease at which I was able to combine biblical, Greek, intercultural studies, and linguistics classes, but also the close working relationship UNW has with SIL-UND, which made for a smooth, jump-started transition into my career with Wycliffe Bible Translators.