Nazareth Hall, N3128
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55113
The linguistics minor provides an opportunity to attend a summer at SIL, the sister organization of Wycliffe Bible Translators, taking courses in morphology and phonetics.
Some classes in this minor include:
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Linguistics Research Methods
- Contemporary World Literature
- Cultural Anthropology
- Structure of English Grammar
- Introduction to Sociolinguistics
- Language, School and Society
- Theory of Second Language Acquisition
As a Bible translator, I appreciated not only the ease at which I was able to combine biblical, Greek, intercultural studies, and linguistics classes, but also the close working relationship UNW has with SIL-UND, which made for a smooth, jump-started transition into my career with Wycliffe Bible Translators.
Meet your professors
Professors at Northwestern are focused on their students first. Our faculty include experts in their respective fields who want to help you grow in your faith while you earn your degree.
Meet the entire department