New and returning graduate students who are pursuing a Master of Divinity are encouraged to apply for the The Donald B. Krause Scholarship. Other information about private scholarships can also be found here for students pursuing other programs.
The Donald B. Krause Scholarship for New and Returning Students in the Master of Divinity Program
This scholarship is awarded on an annual basis and is open to all new Northwestern students who are accepted into the Master of Divinity program. A personal interview may be included as part of the selection process. To be considered for this scholarship, a student must:
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Display merit
- Display financial need – student required to complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Display a motivation to serve in Christian ministry as a chaplain in a hospital, extended care facility, hospice, or similar pastoral care.
Application process and deadline
Potential candidates must submit a one-page paper stating why you would be a qualified candidate. This essay can be submitted from April 15 to July 15. The recipient will be notified by August 15. Current students, contact the Advancement Department. Prospective students, contact Dawn Cordts at 651-628-3340 or email@example.com for information.
While outside scholarship searching takes time, it has the potential to earn you thousands in just a few hours. Jump-start your private scholarship search here.
- Practical Tips to Pay for College
- Private Scholarship Web Resources
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search Engine for Graduate Students
Most international students are not eligible to receive state or federal assistance. International students may qualify for up to 20 hours of work on campus per week.