School of Nursing
The School of Nursing has ROLLING ADMISSIONS! (Applications accepted all year long.)
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR:
Accelerated Program, Cohort 9 (Begins Summer Term 2018)
Traditional Program, Cohort 10 (Begins Fall Term 2018)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) pre-licensure program is granted approval from the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Nursing Major candidates who have completed all program, credit and degree requirements will be recommended for the candidate's licensure (NCLEXRN®)
The baccalaureate program at University of Northwestern–St. Paul is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
You're ready for a nursing career. We're ready for you.
- A blended learning format—enjoy both face-to-face and online learning
- A Christ-centered approach to service and care—combine your faith with your career
- Inter-professional collaboration—interact with health care professionals in class
- Clinical immersions—gain focused experience with cross-cultural and population-based learning opportunities
"Nursing is a spiritual calling and a rewarding professional career. If you want to serve and make a difference in the health care field, I invite you to consider nursing at Northwestern."
—Ginger Wolgemuth,Ph.D., R.N.
Assistant Dean and Chief Nurse Administrator, School of Nursing
How long is the Baccalaureate Nursing Program?
We offer two paths within the School of Nursing: the Accelerated Path and the Traditional Path.The Accelerated and Traditional Paths differ in how the terms are laid out.
Accelerated Path – (Four terms in a row)
- Term 1: May through mid-August
- Term 2: end of August through mid-December Term 3: January through May
- Term 4: June through September
Traditional Path– (Summer terms off)
- Term 1: end of August through mid-December
- Term 2: January through May
- Term 3 end of August through mid-December
- Term 4: January through May
How do I enroll in the Baccalaureate Nursing Program?
Your steps to apply for the nursing program depend on what kind of student you are. Choose your path and learn about steps to apply and prerequisites.
- I'm a high school student
- I'm a transfer student
- I'm a post-baccalaureate student
- I'm a current/returning Northwestern student
This Nursing degree is ideal for:
- Freshmen (begin as pre-nursing, then apply to BSN)
- Transfer students
- Individuals who hold a bachelor's degree in another field
Learn about nursing around the world
Northwestern's School of Nursing offers transcultural learning opportunities to fully prepare nursing students with the skills and abilities required in meeting the healthcare needs of diverse populations. In March 2015, nursing students had the opportunity to travel to Jamaica and Zimbabwe, gaining real world experience!
Get more information on the first steps for applying to the University of Northwestern:
Contact the Office of Admissions
Get more information on the Accelerated and Traditional School of Nursing Programs:
Contact the School of Nursing