Nazareth Hall, N4106
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55113
Northwestern alumni can receive free career coaching services for life, and we also have opportunities for alumni to share their wisdom with current students.
Career coaches are available in-person, via phone, or virtually to walk students and alumni through their career questions step by step.
Appointment Information Instructions
Virtual and in-person coaching appointments can be scheduled through Handshake.
Career & Leadership Development
The Career & Leadership Development team provides many free tools to help students and alumni pursue their goals.
Our career experts also share professional guidance through coaching. Coaching topics include, but are not limited to:
- Self-Assessments & Interpretation
- Resume / Cover Letter Review
- Interview Preparation
- Career Exploration
- Career Change Strategy
- Graduate School Assistance
- Job Search Strategies
- Employer & Professional Connections
- LinkedIn / Networking Assistance
Career Development provides career guidance for both students and alumni. Explore our resources below:
Resumes & Cover Letters
- Resume and Cover Letter Best Practices and Samples
- Resume Checklist
- Action Verbs
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- How to Write a Resume
- Ministry Resume Writing Guide
- Nursing Resume Writing Guide
- Career Change Cover Letter
- Career Changer Resume
- 10 Tips for Networking Events
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- LinkedIn Profile Tips
- Networking on LinkedIn
- Connect with UNW Alumni on LinkedIn
- Handshake Profile Checklist
- Job Hunting: Chapter 1
- Job Hunting: Chapter 2
- Job hunting: Chapter 3
More than 300 alumni and industry professionals voluntarily assist students grow into successful careers and leadership roles by investing through informational interviews, resume reviews, career advice, mentoring, and more.
Career Communities Stories
Connect with alumni and professionals to expand your network.